11-15. November 2019 Annual ATUMS Meeting in Canada, Alberta
17th October 2019 Si-Chemistry Symposium, Institute for Advanced Studies, TUM Garching
12-16. November 2018 Annual ATUMS Meeting in Germany, Garching - IAS
Ian Watson joined the Rieger´s group (04.09.-24.11.)
Arzu Angi and Kerstin Mayer sucessfully defeated their thesis - congratulations!
Congratulations to our Alumnus Dr. Tobias Helbich for receiving the Charafas Prize 2018 from the Weizmann Institute of Science !
Markus Pschenitza (Prof. Rieger) joined agian Jon Veinot´s group for a research stay (24.08.-14.09.)
Josef Mock (Prof. Becherer) researched at Frank Hagmann´s group at UofA (11.08.-12.10.)
Herzhan Xie researched at Prof. Müller-Buschbaum´s group (20.08.-17.11.)
welcome David Purschke joining Prof. Nilges´group! (10.07.-07.09.)
Nuri Horn (Prof. Müller-Buschbaum) spent reseach time in Edminton(20.06.-10.10.)
Welcome Benjamin Rehl (UofA, Prof. Veinot) to our group of Prof. Rieger (02.06.-09.)
Markus Pschenitza (Prof. Rieger) researched at Jon Veinot´s group (2.06.-11.07.)
Mahmoud Almadhoun visited TUM, Prof. Tornow´s project (15.06.-15.09.)
Semi-annual thematic meeting in Tuzing, Germany. "Novel Concepts ans Electronic Phenomena in Heterosystems" (with the frame of an international workshop) and invited guests´and students´presentations
Congratulation to Felix Kaiser for the sucessful defeat of his thesis!
30. April 2018
Congratulations to Alina Lyuleeva for her successful defeat of her PhD thesis!
Ebru Üzer of Prof. Nilges´group visited UofA (17.04.-14.07.)
Matthias Jakob was invited to visit Prof. Meldrum´s group (04.-08.06.)
Marc Kloberg (Prof. Rieger) researched at the Veinot´s group (28.03.-16.06.)
Michael Giebel of Prof. Fässler´s group stayed at UofA (2.02.-30.04.)
Claudia Ott of Prof. Nilges´group joined the group Of Prof. Shankar (27.01.-30.04.)
- The third ATUMS annual meeting took place in Jasper, Canada. We thank all organizers and participants for this successful event!
- We welcome Christopher Robidillo to TUM, who joins the group of Prof. Boekhoeven!
- Marc Kloberg is elected as student´s speaker to represent the chemistry group. Congratulations!
Stephen Lane is cordially welcomed to the group of Prof. Rieger!
August, 28th, 2017
- We congratulate Tobias Helbich with an excellant defence of his PhD thesis! Our best wishes to our first Alumnus! We also thanks him for his great work he did for the ATUMS community.
- Crissy Brown joins the group of Prof. Müller-Buschbaum for two months - highly welcome!
- Cover Page for the article : "Lewis Acid Induced Functionalization of Photoluminescent 2D Silicon Nanosheets for the Fabrication of Functional Hybrid Films" in Advanced Functional Materials 21/17 - Congratulations!
- Kirsty Gargner from Meldrum Lab vistits the group of Prof. Rieger at TUM - warmly welcome!
- IGSSE Forum 2017 Poster competition: Raphael Grötsch and Maximailian Speckbacher award the Best Poster Award as project team "ATUMS 2-3 Self-assembly Strategies to Functional Nanoparticle Composites". Congratulations!
- welcome to our groups! Abishek Iyer (joins Prof Nilges´ group), Eiman Osman (joins Prof. Boekhoven´s group), Ryan Kisslinger (also joins Prof. Nilges´group) - welcome!
- Weidi Hua also comes for research at TUM - welcome!
- Haoyang Yu (Emmett) from Prof. Jon Veinot´s group joins Prof. Stutzmann´s group from March to May - welcome!
- TUM Press-Release "Polymer-coated silicon nanosheets as alternative to graphene - A perfect team for nanoelectronics" goes around the world (appox. 16x citated)
Arzu Angi has selected to participate in the 67th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting - Congratulations!
- 18/19th Prof. Frank Hegmann from UofA visited TUM, there was a lecture and a workshop.
- TUM welcomes Mary A. Narreto from Frank Hegmann’s group. She is joining Prof. Lugli’s group for a research stay at the Institute for Nanoelectronics and will be working on the project ATUMS 1-4 “Optoelectronic Properties of solution-processable spray-deposited CNT Networks”.
- 06. - 11.11.2016 The annual ATUMS meeting took place in the TUM science and study center in Raitenhaslach, Germany, with great success. 35 Canadian visitors come to discuss the projects and newest results with their German project partners
- Regina Sinelnikov from Jon Veinot's group joins the Tornow group
- Maryam Aghajamali from Jon Veinot's group joins the Nilges group for a research stay.
- Cover Page: "One-Step Synthesis of Photoluminescent Covalent Polymeric Nanocomposites from 2D Silicon Nanosheets" Adv.Functional Mat. 2016
- Morteza Javadi from Prof. Veinot's group joins the Rieger group for a research stay.
- Sarah Parke from Eric Rivard´s group
- Matt Roy and Ben Rehl from Julie Gibbs-Davies group visit our teams for a research stay.
- 04.-08.07.2016 Tobias Bidon from IGSSE went to UofA
- 05.07.2016 IGSSE Forum in Raitenhaslach, Poster Award for ATUMS Project 1.3
- Arzu Angi (Prof. Rieger) visited Edmonton University for three weeks
- 05.-09.06.2016 CSC-Meeting in Halifax, Posters Awards for Alina Luyeeleva and Arzu Angi, J.Mater.Chem.B. Award for Tobias Helbich - Congratulations!
- June to October 2016 Tobias Helbich (Prof. Rieger´s group), Alina Luyeleeva (Prof. Luigli) and Matthais Jakob (Prof. Heiz) joins the Canadian groups for a research stay
- 19.05.2016 Präsentationsworkshop of Boston Consulting Groupin, Headcops in München
- 08.05.2016 Poster upload for IGSSE-Forum in Raitenhaslach
- 05.05.2016 ATUMS Workshop on Gender Issues and Equality Management; Cadu, Ludwigstraße 24, 80539 München
- 21.04.2016 Get together of ATUMS Students at 7:30 pm
- 15.04.2016 Burghausen, Germany: "Burghauser Chemistry Award" goes to Jillian Buriak and Jon Veinot
- 14.04.2016 First ATUMS seminar at the German ground
ATUMS semiannual thematic meeting "Self-assembly for functional hybrid materials" with canad. PIs Jon Veinot and Jillian Buriak
31.03.2016 "ATUMS bringt Doktoranden nach Kanada", TUMcampus 1/16 download
15.02. to April 2016 Tobias Helbich from Prof. Rieger´s group spent 6 weeks at Alberta University doing research as part of Prof. Veinot´s group
11.01.2016 Anton Oliynyk and Krishna Rakmachandran from Prof. Mar´s group spent two weeks at TUM doing research as part of Prof. Nilges´ group.
01. - 02.11.2015
With great sucess the first annual ATUMS Kick-off-meeting with 43 Members (students and 15 PIs) took place in Edmonton, Canada - Presentations of all PIs and students´ Poster Presentations.